Sunday, May 10, 2009

My special poem!!

My husband and I are very different.  Sometimes I think wow, I have a lot of training to give this man!  And somedays I am reminded wow...he has a lot of training to give this woman!  Today is Mother's Day and true to the wonderful, thoughtful man he is he gave me this:

I know I say you're beautiful
For me it's plain to see
That my life was completely changed
the day you came to me

Your beauty comes from deep within
a fire burns inside
a kind and gentle loving heart
you're outside just can't hide

You're sweeter than a tulip's scent
you're smarter than can be
You care so much for those around, 
no one can disagree

I want to be a better man, 
I want to learn to love-
the way you love Eva and I
and our Father up above.

I'm proud to say I married you,
I' proud to say I'm yours, 
I'm proud that you do love me so, 
my heart so overflows.

We have so much ahead of us, 
much to look forward to, 
though challenges await us, dear, 
I'm glad they'll be with you.

So please accept these few kind words
I mean them every one.

Today I am reminded of the love that exists between a husband and a wife.  Motherhood has brought me great joy but I could not have done it, I could not do it without the constant support of my husband.  I am grateful that he is the kind of man who is a leader, a hard worker and who is generous and tender.  I am looking forward to many more Mother's Days as the mother of his children.

Thank you for allowing me to share this....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The poem was a good one....only if I thought of giving it to cynthia also. :o) I hope all is well, thanks for sharing.

Damian