Tuesday, March 31, 2009

9 weeks old




Eva is 9 weeks on Wednesday, April 1....no joke! We are so proud of her, she has definitely been a strong girl and a fighter; daddy and I have been fighting right along with her.  I see this strong spirit in her, she wants and needs to be here!  Although I know Eva's prognosis, and that she won't have a long life still, this little one has a purpose and since we are in week 9 and we were told that most likely she would not make it to 2 months, I know that she has some work to do.  She looks great but I also know how quickly things can turn so we celebrate each day and at the end of the week, each week and hopefully at the end of this next month one more month.  Jose and I do have to work on being ok with whenever Heavenly Father calls her home, I have to admit that I pray each day to really mean that, to really be ok, to have faith that Heavenly Father's plan includes us being together as a family forever.   

We celebrated her 2 month birthday on Saturday the 28th and her daddy made her a b-day cake--from scratch and it was awesome! We got to celebrate with some family from Tucson as well as with some very good friends of ours and that was a blessing!

2 comments:

Em said...

She is so cute! That little outfit is darling! YOU can just see her sweet Celestial glory shining out in her! We will get together next week with you guys, if you want. That way, we can meet your miracle, and we will bring along our little miracle (he does not have the same celestial glow but we will not hold it against him!) I remember that when I was pregnant with my second, I kept thinking "well Lilly was soo special, and even though I already love this little one, what of I do not think he is as special as she was?" You know the answer to that, but where he was feisty, she was sweet and peaceful. Hang in there, and keep having month parties and cakes for every month she is here and in your arms!
Heart hugs,
Emily

Lindsey H said...

You guys all look so great! :)